Mold processing refers to the processing of forming and blanking tools, in addition to shearing dies and die-cutting dies. So what are the characteristics of mold processing, the following small to explain.
1. High processing accuracy requirements A pair of molds is generally composed of concave die, convex die and die frame, some may also be multi-piece collocation module. So the combination of upper and lower die, the combination of insert and cavity, the combination between the module are required to have high processing accuracy. The dimensional accuracy of precision mold is often up to μm level.
Some products such as automobile coverings, aircraft parts, toys, household appliances, the shape of the surface is a combination of a variety of surfaces, therefore, the mold cavity surface is very complex. Some surfaces must be processed by mathematical calculation method.
3. Small batch The production of molds is not a large batch production, in many cases often only produce a payment.
4. Many processes Milling, boring, drilling, reaming and tapping are always used in the processing of molds.
5. Repetitive production The use of the mold has a life span. When the use of a mold exceeds its life, we need to replace the new mold, so the production of the mold is often repetitive.
6.Imitation processing Sometimes there is neither drawing nor data in mold production, and it is necessary to make imitation processing according to the real object. This requires high precision of imitation and no deformation.
7. excellent mold material, high hardness The main material of the mold is mostly made of high-quality alloy steel, especially the high life of the mold, often using Crl2, CrWMn and other Leyland steel manufacturing. This kind of steel from the blank forging, processing to heat treatment are strict requirements. Therefore, the preparation of the processing process should not be ignored, heat treatment deformation is also the processing of the problem needs to be taken seriously. According to the above-mentioned many characteristics, in the selection of machine tools to meet the processing requirements as far as possible. Such as the function of the CNC system to be strong, the machine precision to be high, rigidity, thermal stability to be good, with profiling functions.